Proposal: Implementing Curve/Convex Wars to Bring Value to Astroport

@FarmerTuHao is right in the sense that vote incentives should go to vxASTRO because in the long run, vxASTRO holders vote on how to distribute ASTRO emissions.

Separately, I don’t really agree with resetting votes every two weeks because it doesn’t actually encourage more (productive) governance. From the perspective of a vxASTRO holder, if incentives change, I will either way change my vote distribution. If they don’t, I simply want to keep my current distribution for the pools I already selected. Resetting my votes would just force me to recast them on the same exact pools I had before.

I think receiving fees only from the pools I voted for is an interesting idea. At the same time and for the sake of having vxASTRO out as soon as possible, Astroport could initially use a vanilla implementation for emissions voting where fees go to all vxASTRO holders. Subsequently, an Astroport community member can propose an upgrade to direct a specific portion of the fees to a vxASTRO holder that voted on specific pools.

Finally, vxASTRO is already a complex mechanism in its current form. Adding metrics such as the quality of a protocol (which I’m not even sure how to judge) may be detrimental.

1 Like